How Green Becomes Wood

"That is your choice," Daizi told Xander, "and I'm not going to force you to do otherwise. But you don't have to worry about us, I'm not afraid of him trying to steal you away from us, especially not with how young he is. I mean, he has a shorter age gap with you both than you have with Ivy, I doubt he is itching to unsettle our family. I don't think anything like what we've been through can happen again."

"There is something else about him," Dark said, cautiously, wanting to tell them how it seemed like Declan hadn't even told his brother about them until recently, but guessing how hearing that may feel, "but it is related to him and may be... a bit unpleasant."

"The new guy isn't going to bring him back, is he?" Alec asked sitting bolt upright. "Because I don't want that! Not at all!"

Xander's eyes narrowed as he drew closer to Alec, but he waited to hear what Dark would have to say.

"From what Lance said, from what he understood, Tristan... his brother... is not very close with him, and does not seem to keep in touch. So I do mot believe that is his plan." Dark assured Alec, "and if he suggested it to us, we would dissuade him, do not worry. We would not allow that. What I was going to say is only that, from what it seems, he had not been... told of your existence, until recently."

Back