How Green Becomes Wood

"I believe so," Dark said, carefully taking the map from Alec before handing it back right-side up,"I know they have a brown bear and a polar bear. There was another type, but I do not know for sure."

"They're all bears to me, although once we went on a trip with Cooger to the Smoky Mountains and a bear walked up while we were outside. That scared the hell out of me," Daizi admitted.
 
"If it's black, fight back, if it's brown, hug the ground, if it's white, pray to the heavenly light," Xander quoted.

"Although any of them could totally turn us into cub dinner if they wanted," Alec mused, studying the righted map. "That way. Down that path. That sounds utterly terrifying, Mama."

"Did Ba take it on?" Xander asked.
 
"No, I did not fight a bear," Dark said flatly, the shade from his hat just barely disguising his pleasure that his son thought that was a possibility even in jest.

"Your father has only done that in very specific clubs," Daizi added sagely, "He did scare it off that particular one by making himself larger than it."
 
Back
Top