How Green Becomes Wood

"That is very serious indeed," Daizi said, impressed, "Especially considering how intense people tell me his face is. Maybe he's gone soft."

"I have not," Dark replied, as though he were not sitting in a baseball cap and helping his toddler pet a tortoise.
 
The twins glanced at Dark, glanced at his hat, at his toddler, and then at each other.

"Nah, he hasn't gone soft at all," Alec grinned.

"Nope. Same stone face as always," Xander agreed.

"Mama, you gotta pet the radial tortoise!" Alec urged. "Its shell is so cool looking!"
 
"I am choosing to ignore your obvious sarcasm," Dark said dryly, remembering a month or so ago when he threw Tristan's father to the floor. More than anything, he felt like a warrior in a garden and he was going to take full advanta andge of peacetime.

"My guess is the tortoises don't have a whole lot to worry about," Daizi said, "Will you help me to the other kind? I would like to feel them, too."
 
Back
Top