CoR In For a Penny, In For a Pound

Lark arched an eyebrow at Ragenard -- they both knew that answer didn't even halfway cover explaining what he'd asked. "Right..." he murmured. He wasn't going to pry any further, at least when it came to whatever was going on with Ragenard himself. The kid was another matter. Turning to face him as he whined and curled into a ball, Lark couldn't help but pity him. He doubted whatever was going on with him was entirely his own doing -- maybe his own stupidity for getting caught up in it, but nothing more than that.

"Easy there, Beans," Lark rolled his eyes and paced over to grab an old rag of a blanket from atop one of the nearby crates, one that had seen plenty of use preserving a few shreds of modesty and dignity for the cage's occupants over the years. He came back over and tossed it through the bars towards Jimmy. "Here. Now d'you wanna try explaining what the fuck you just did?"

Wolf-sick? Yeah, no fuckin' way. But a'ight, old man. Keep yer secrets.

Xandre chose not to comment on it, instead reading over his text. As he replied, he played off of Rage's banter.

"How 'bout a lil column A, little column B, eh? Maybe I'll go dust off Ol' Minnie. Haven't given her love in a hot minute." Ol' Minnie was a turret-mounted chain-fed minigun in her youth. Xandre still hasn't admitted how he got his hands on it, but since then he's outfitted it to be hand-held. At nearly a hundred pounds in steel and hundreds more in lead, not many non-shifted wolves could use it effectively, and Xandre boasted himself as one of them. He could put over 100 pounds of lead down range each second.

As he talked, he responded over text.
Pangolin shit?

Worried so. Not many other heavies I kno of could. I mean c'mon, this some bio-magic shit. Gotta speak to Cathal, this is his side of the streets.

Need backup?

Finally he turned to the elephant in the room. Er, wolf? Fire wolf? Eh, whatever. "Whatever it were, 'e was high as a fuckin' kite while 'e was on it. Street drug I reckon. Maybe--I hope--it was just a side effect 'coz these new-age drugs don't always perform as 'spected. I hope it's that, 'coz if it ain't, some fuck jus' did this on purpose."

Need backup?

"Guess we'll find out how much boom our tab is good for," Ragenard replied amicably to Xandre's gun talk. He did not deign to grace Xander with a sly murderous stare for implying he needed backup as he replied to his text however; it would likely be lost on the mad dwarf.

Against Cathal? You know we wouldn't stand a chance; you've seen how quickly he :emoji_evergreen_tree:'s a :emoji_man_dancing:. You just want to ogle his granddaughter some more.

Ragenard's brow furrowed at the mention of Jimmy's state prior to being thrown in the pound. He loomed over Lark and Xandre, lending his presence to the weight of Lark's question as he brooded over Jimmy, but without speaking over the younger wolf's interrogation. His fingers continued to tap away meanwhile:

I flunked out of both biology and magical aptitude, but I've hung out with the druids long enough. You can't get that wildly different of effects accidentally. But this dipshit would make the worst hitter...product test? Where'd you say you picked him up again?

Beans? Who the fuck is that?

Jimmy was trying so hard to be invisible that he didn't react to anything until the blanket was tossed at him. Snaking a hand out, he snagged the cloth and immediately pulled it over his body. Wiggling around just a little to ensure it covered every inch of him, he finally kind of focused on the three men. Though, the huge guy scared him immensely.

"What are you even talking about? Where am I and why the hell am I naked and in a cage?! What did you do to me?!" Jimmy's question was directed at them all and he groaned as his brain filled in a bit of the details again and he grunted while slowly sitting up.

"Oh yeah... I was shooting fire." He remembered that part, but had no recollection of the store incident.

His attention shifted to the dwarf and he stared at his strange way of talking. What the fuck..? Was he still high or was he dreaming? Biting on his bottom lip, he leaned against the bars.

"Let me go. My... my uncle and aunt are going to be pissed off that I'm out past my curfew." Keeping the blanket wrapped around him, he stood up and paced back and forth. As he moved, he suddenly recalled the night prior to the blackout.

"My friends and I like to do drugs... have been doing them forever and a day. The day my father bit me and turned me, we had hooked up with the Iron Jackals again. They are our primary dealers. Anywho..." Wait! Why the hell did he just give up his dealers?! Oh my god! He needed to fix this!

"I mean, not the Iron Jackals. It was so.e unknown person. They said they had gotten a new drug from an anonymous source and it was supposed to be the best out. My friends got busted shortly after that and when I didn't die or go crazy like my father, I decided to try the drug. Next thing I know, I'm in a cage." He frowned and hugged the blanket tighter.

"I think you have worse things to worry about than your aunt and uncle, kid," Lark remarked with an arched eyebrow. He hadn't expected him to spill everything quite so quickly. He wasn't sure whether that said good or bad things about his survival instincts... probably good, considering Ragenard's looming presence over his shoulder. Clearly keeping his mouth shut wasn't his forté, either way.

"Iron Jackals, huh?" Lark folded his arms and shared a glance with the other two. "Sounds like they've been getting their fingers into something new. Never heard of a pill that gives you fire breath before. Or makes you fast as a fucking F1 car. Anything like that been on your radars?"

Back