Walpurgisnacht

Gross? Some people must be into that. Totally not what I meant, not that it matters.

"Do I overestimate my worth? Perhaps. But doing so has kept me alive so far, and I don't see any reason to change it. Safer to overestimate. But either you underestimate me or you're not too bright yourself. You're right about one thing though."

He took a sip of his tea and sighed. "Nothing I just said really matters. You accepted the tea. After all, the monologue was just intended to keep your attention, so that you wouldn't notice the tremendous amount of tranquilizer I added to your teacup. I don't know how much you're modded, so I just threw in enough to sedate an android." A physical impossibility, to be sure, but it suited the hyperbole he was going for. "So yeah, regardless of the way you felt about me beforehand, now I reckon that after you wake up, you'll probably want to kill me no matter what. So I guess I should be gone by then."

On a mental command, the gun snapped to attention in his robotic hand, and started to hum with energy. He'd set the plasma setting to maximum and it was charging for a shot. He'd have to give the mental order to shoot it, and he would if Jace pushed him. From this range the blast would be devastating, probably even to Miles. But the goal here was to intimidate, not to kill.

"Bottoms up, boyo," he finished. "Wouldn't wanna waste that tea." He took another sip of his own, not taking his eyes of the dog-man.

No one had caught up to him in a long time, but this was exactly what he kept the tea for. No one ever said no to actual organic tea leaves.

Back