"I could eat, we just had a bit of popcorn and candy," She answered, "And there's a lot around here. Is there anywhere in particular you're interested in?"
"There's a Chinese place near here with decent food. It's not the best, but it is a ton of food for super cheap," Rumy said, indicating the direction. "Or there's a Mongolian buffet. I've never been, but it has good reviews."
"Cool. Chinese it is! I've had mixed experiences at buffets," Rumy said. "We could walk there, but the theater probably wants their parking spots. Meet you over there?" She started walking to her old, battered car.
"Yeah, meet you there!" Sloan replied cheerfully, going to her own car. After the short trip, she met with Rumy inside the restaurant, "Can you believe we're so close to graduating? I cannot wait to be done with high school."
"I know! It's going to be so different. Huge!" Rumy agreed. She pointed to a table off to one side. "How about we sit there? Lunch is on me, by the way. It'll be easier than going Dutch."
"That's the plan," Sloan teased, returning the high five, "I'm excited. What about you? I know you're not going to college, but do you have any plans for after graduation?"
"I'm leaving. The day after we officially graduate, I'm hitting the road," Rumy said a touch flatly as if this had been a decision she had long fought over and was now determined to follow.
The waiter showed up with their drinks and appetizers then and dropped them off with the usual, "Do you need anything" questions.
Sloan's eyes widened after Rumy made her announcement, but had to wait until the waiter left again before asking, "Really? Are you headed anywhere in particular, or are you just driving?"
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.