How Green Becomes Wood

"There's a Chinese place near here with decent food. It's not the best, but it is a ton of food for super cheap," Rumy said, indicating the direction. "Or there's a Mongolian buffet. I've never been, but it has good reviews."
 
"Cool. Chinese it is! I've had mixed experiences at buffets," Rumy said. "We could walk there, but the theater probably wants their parking spots. Meet you over there?" She started walking to her old, battered car.
 
"Yeah, meet you there!" Sloan replied cheerfully, going to her own car. After the short trip, she met with Rumy inside the restaurant, "Can you believe we're so close to graduating? I cannot wait to be done with high school."
 
"We can fight about it later," Rumy said with a shrug. She sat down opposite Sloan. "Have you chosen a school, yet?"

The waiter came over and took their orders. Rumy placed hers and waited for the waiter to leave before continuing.

"I'm going to be taking some online courses eventually."
 
"I'm leaving. The day after we officially graduate, I'm hitting the road," Rumy said a touch flatly as if this had been a decision she had long fought over and was now determined to follow.

The waiter showed up with their drinks and appetizers then and dropped them off with the usual, "Do you need anything" questions.
 
Sloan's eyes widened after Rumy made her announcement, but had to wait until the waiter left again before asking, "Really? Are you headed anywhere in particular, or are you just driving?"
 
Back
Top