The Vampire's Apprentice

Clancy gave her a look that said he did not believe her but let it go as he stepped inside and went to place his trunk in the closet.
"Hello, Mr. McCleary," Norville greeted meekly from the doorway. He was dressed and toweling his hair dry. "Have a good, er, how did you sleep?"
"Like the dead," Clancy replied mildly.

The corner of her mouth twitched amusedly. "As always, I would think," Kitty said. She went to completing her sprawl across the bed, lying on her back and staring at the ceiling.

"Oh... right," Norville mumbled uncertainly. He scurried over to his own bed.

Clancy walked over and sat on the edge of Kitty's bed. "Might I see your pictures again?"

"Mhm...." Kitty agreed. There was a moment of reluctance to move, but she pulled herself off the bed and retrieved the photos for him.

Clancy smiled as he took the photos and looked through them again. "These are truly beautiful, Kitty. I rather enjoy seeing them. Such a nice day, and a shame you didn't get any pictures of the bell."
Sam wandered over and shoved his head into Clancy's lap, illiciting a sigh.
"And did you enjoy picking a fight with a... what did you call it? A purse dog?" Clancy said, patting the top of Sam's head gingerly.

"Norville took some of them, too," Kitty replied. She sat down on her bed again, waving a hand for Norville if he cared to join them on this side of the room.

"I'm good, thanks," Norville said, making himself comfortable on his own bed. "KItty took the good ones."
"I think they all look very nice," Clancy assured them both.

She felt her cheeks tinge pink. "It's still too bad you couldn't come with us." She told Clancy. "Oh, but, you did go see a cave, right? How was that?"

"That was very cool and refreshing!" Clancy told her happily. "It was quite nice to explore it while no one else was there, though I did take care to stay on the path and not disrupt any of the natural ecosystems."

"I'm glad," Kitty smiled. His jovial demeanor had raised her mood, which felt nice. "I've got an other question for you. And one for Norville."

Norville scratched his head. "I could try. I've never tried to teach anyone before, and I'm not exactly good, just... anti drowned." He smirked.

"Mhm," Kitty agreed. "Speaking of resting... I think that's what I'm gonna do about now. I've run out of questions to ask, and my notepad is still in storage...." She went to mumbling, then gnawed on her thumb just a tad, thinking about something else.

"Don't chew on your fingers. It is an unsanitary habit," Clancy reminded her gently. "And yes, you should rest, but if you would like, I can try to find your notepad."

She stopped chewing and nestled her fists into the crooks of her arms. The gesture of finding her notepad was deeply appreciated; Kitty nodded.

Back